Do you Qualify for the Gov’t Grant?
Canada-BC Job Grant: 2017-2018
This program pays two-thirds of the cost of training, to a maximum of $10,000 per participant. It is an ideal program to upgrade the skills within your organization, or to provide training for a potential new hire for your company, provided you guarantee them a position in your organization after they complete the training.
Trainees and employers who are approved for grant but fail to continue with training may be ineligible for subsequent grant intakes.
- At the time of application, employers must have been registered with BC Registry Services for at least one year or have had a valid business license for at least one year.
- Cannot be an immediate family member of the employer/business owner
- Must be a Canadian citizen and/or permanent resident
To apply, go to our agent: http://granted.ca/training-provider-cjg-info/
Training Start Dates – Sep 1, 2017 – Dec 31, 2017 | Jan 1, 2018 – Mar 31, 2018
Application Intake – Apr 1 to Jun 30, 2017 | Oct 1 to Dec 31, 2017
Grant Eligibility Overview:
- For-profit companies, non-profit organizations and First Nations Band Councils registered with the BC
- Registry Services for at least 1 year from application date
- Priority industries (Agri-foods, Aboriginal Peoples and First Nations, Construction, Forestry,
- Manufacturing, Mining and Energy, Natural Gas, Small Business, Technology and Green
- Economy, Tourism, Transportation)
- New Canadians (landed immigrants within last 5 years, refugees, protected persons);
- Aboriginal people; Persons with disabilities; Youth (aged 15-24); Women in trades
- and natural resource sectors
- Unemployed stream
- Proof of unemployment required; job must be guaranteed upon training completion
- Trainees must be Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents or Protected Persons
- Trainees cannot be family members of business owners
- Private Training Providers’ programs must comply with grant requirements to be eligible.
Essential Skills: i.e. language, job-related skills, computer skills, etc.
- Technical: i.e. machine training, software training, etc.
- Business: i.e. sales, marketing, social media, inventory management, etc.
- Management i.e. strategy development, leadership, HR, conflict management
- Short-Term Certificates i.e. FoodSafe, WSET, First Aid, etc.
- Participants cannot repeat the same or substantially the same training previously approved under the
- Training can be provided at a post-secondary institution, at the workplace with a third-party private trainer (where training is a primary activity of the business), or online. An application must be submitted before training can begin.
- Tuition fees or fees charged by a third-party training provider
- Mandatory student fees and exam fees
- Fees for textbooks, software and other supplies required for the delivery of the training
- Travel costs for trainers or participants (within BC) if certain criteria are met
- In-house training and training irrelevant to current or future positions of trainees
- Meals and accommodation included in course fee
- Training for personal interest
- Networking, trade shows, memberships, consulting, work experience, personal development courses
Contact our agent, Granted Consulting, today to take advantage of this program, and learn about other grant opportunities that will benefit your organization.