COURSE ONE: “DEATH BY MEETINGS” NO MORE! HOW TO CREATE EFFECTIVE, EFFICIENT MEETINGS WITH ENGAGED MULTIPLE GENERATIONS
Pre-requisite: 7 Ways To Bridge The Generation Gap In The
Length: Five Days – 32.5 hours
Many people loathe meetings. Today we live in the paradox that meetings are the most important tools for working together and yet they can be the most unproductive and expensive strategy we use. Instead of you experiencing “Death by Meetings”, this training offers a structure that will encourage candor, courage and straightforward discussions that are inspiring, motivational and engaging.
You’ve probably witnessed a team member who dominates, technology that fails at the crucial moment, or a leader who doesn’t understand the meeting’s purpose. It’s irritating, but with this comprehensive and interactive training, you will leave with a range of straightforward skills so that you can manage any meeting smartly and efficiently.
Not only that, with this new and proven method, you’ll not only shave off hours of wasted time with your team, potentially saving you thousands of dollars for each meeting, but you’ll encourage genuine contribution, creatively, inclusion, and possibilities, rather than limitations.
Participants leave this workshop with the ability to:
- Understand the formulas for problem solving, differentiating different working and communication styles that affect the flow of meetings.
- Design and plan an efficient meeting agenda with collaborative outcomes
- Create a selection process to choose a team that is interested or passionate about getting results
- Get people involved and engaged even before the meeting begins
- Address stuck conversations and conflict
- Embrace diverse viewpoints
- Guide and smoothly control the group during the meeting
- Ensure that each participant’s voice and perspective is heard
- Make sure that participants understand what they need to do after the meeting
- Reduce the time for meetings with a huge cost savings
- Reduce the inefficiency of needless meetings
- Offer a new system for other members to learn and use
Leaders, facilitators, managers, supervisors, project leaders, community groups, church leaders, youth workers, educators, board members, business owners, program directors and HR specialists would benefit from this training program. You will find this training current, innovative, and useful for an organization of any size where meetings participants are now looking forward to meetings and walk away talking about the actions they will be accomplishing. Fields such as government, health care, social sector, parent groups, social innovation, non-profits and for-profit organizations would also find this training program beneficial.
Module One: Overview and Review of Multi-generational differences – 45 minutes
Module Two: Groups and Teams – 60 Min.
- Different types of working groups and teams
- Turning groups into effective teams- activity
- Purpose of Team Players
- Types of team workers
Module Three: Essential Management strategies in Team Development – 120 Min.
- The purpose of the team members
- The drivers of organizational success (values, Vision, purpose)
- Team dynamics through problem-based learning
- Problem solving process template
Module Four: Problems And Solutions Of Previous Team Meetings – 165 Min.
- Group discussion
- Case study
- Key points of the day and homework
Module Five: Developmental Stages of a Team Meeting – 90 Min.
- Meeting models used in the workplace
- Multiple team activity and discussion
- The “Six F’s Team Development Model”
Module Six: Facilitator Preparation Before Stage One – 90 Min.
- Planning – Activity
- Selecting team members
- What’s age got to do with it?
- Asking for input – Activity
Module Seven: Meeting Development – Stage One – 120 Min.
- Preparation needed
- Icebreakers…or not
- Ground Rules
- Facilitator’s introduction
- Group Introduction and strengths
- Outcomes and intentions
Module Eight: Meeting Development – Stage Two – 90 Min.
- Trial Meeting Activity for Stage One
- Stage Two
- What can Go Wrong?
Module Nine: Meeting Development – Stage Three – 120 Min.
- Discussion and real examples of Stage Three
- Awareness and results of entering Stage Three
- What to do about it?
- Activity: Resolutions and Solutions
Module Ten: Meeting Development – Stage Four – 120 Min.
- What is it?
- Human behaviour of Stage Four
- Discussion: How to avoid it?
- Activity: Resolutions and Solutions
- What’s next?
Module Eleven: Meeting Development – Back to Stage Two (again) – 90 Min.
- How to avoid Stages Three and Four
- Communication skills – listening, hearing and “feeling” their pain
- Handling difficult discussions in the team
- Engaging others
- Collaboration techniques
Module Twelve: Practicing Case Studies – 60 Min.
- How good are you now?
- Teams and group reflection
- Daily Review
Module Thirteen: Moving Forward to Stage Five – 180 Min.
- What did you do to deserve this?
- Awareness of group action
- Fostering engagement
- What the leader needs to do and know
- What can go wrong?
- What a leader must do at this stage
Module Fourteen: Finally! – Stage Six – 120 Min.
- Critical decisions
- Coming to collaboration
- Group Collaboration Activity
- Deciding the next steps
Module Fifteen: As the Team Adjourns – 90 Min.
- Duties of the team members
- Duties of the leader
- What’s next
- Reflection and discussion
Module Sixteen: Management Challenges of Today – 60 Min.
- Discussion and solutions
- Practice Meetings case study
Module Seventeen: How Great Are You at Facilitating? – 120 Min.
- Activity: Team Practice with rotating facilitators
- Switch teams and practice
- Case Studies and practice
Module Eighteen: Speed Meetings – 150 min.
- Team Practice with rotating facilitators
- Switch teams and practice
Module Nineteen: Wrap-up – 60 min.
- Reflection and take-away discussion
Instructor-lead; in-person instruction. This is an interactive, activity-based course, so come prepared to participate, listen, learn and take notes for immediate application in your workplace.
Participants are assessed on their attendance and active participation in the class discussion, which should solidify their comprehension of the material covered. A certificate of completion is given to each participant who meets the assessment satisfactorily.
18 – 36 participants. If your organization wishes to have a larger (or private) group at one time, please contact the instructor for a private arrangement.
Choose any one of the following dates in 2017
Day 1: July 10, Day2: July 11, Day 3: July 20, Day 4: July 21, Day 5: July 31
Day 1: August 4, Day2: August 11, Day 3: August 18, Day 4: August 25, Day 5: August 31
*Organizations who wish their entire team(s) to be trained can arrange for other convenient dates with the Trainer.
To be determined
For organizations that wish to have a team trained, you may prefer to use your location, if suitable.
Two-Course Series (6 days) includes:
- 7 Steps to Bridging the Workplace Generation Gap ($697)
- Effective and Efficient Meetings ($3485)
Cost Per Person: Duo Bundle: Save $685 Bundle Discount Total: $3497 (+ 174.85 GST) = $3671.85